Best of Wine Tourism winners 2018 announced
15 September, 2017
Seven South Australian businesses are toasting success, after being named winners in the 2018 South Australian Best of Wine Tourism Awards.
The successful recipients were announced by Minister for Agriculture, Food and Fisheries Leon Bignell.
- Accommodation – The Louise (Barossa)
- Architecture and Landscape – Chapel Hill Winery (McLaren Vale)
- Art and Culture – Coriole Vineyards (McLaren Vale)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experiences – Henschke and Hutton Vale Farm (Barossa)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices – Whistling Kite Wines (Riverland)
- Wine Tourism Restaurants – Hentley Farm Wines (Barossa)
- Wine Tourism Services – Penfolds Magill Estate (Adelaide Hills)
All winners will go on to represent South Australia at the Great Wine Capitals international awards program, in Chile this November.
The awards program, which is a part of Adelaide’s membership in the Great Wine Capitals Global Network, recognises leadership, innovation and excellence in wine tourism.
The Great Wine Capitals Global Network includes San Francisco/Napa Valley (US), Bordeaux (France), Bilbao/Rioja (Spain), Mainz/Rheinhessen (Germany), Mendoza (Argentina), Porto (Portugal), Valparaìso/Casablanca Valley (Chile), and Verona (Italy). Adelaide, South Australia joined the Network in July 2016.
The four partners of Adelaide’s membership to the network are Primary Industries and Regions SA, the South Australian Wine Industry Association, the South Australian Tourism Commission and Brand South Australia.