Friday 02 March 2018 — Sunday 04 March 2018
Cellar Door Fest, the state’s most awarded food and beverage festival, will return from Friday 2 March – Sunday 4 March 2018 to showcase more than 180 wineries, breweries, distilleries and food producers from across 17 South Australian regions under one roof.
This year, visit the Great Wine Capitals Discovery Space at the festival and experience why Adelaide, South Australia is a Great Wine Capital of the World.
The prestigious Great Wine Capitals Global Network positions South Australia alongside eight other cities whose wine regions are recognised as significant economic and cultural assets.
The Discovery Space will feature a selection of the 2017 and 2018 local Best of Wine Tourism Award winners who have been recognised for their innovation and excellence in wine tourism, including international winners Seppeltsfield and Penfolds. Over the course of the weekend, sample the wines and learn about the exciting tourism experiences on offer from:
- Friday 2 March: Seppeltsfield and Penfolds
- Saturday 3 March: Kalleske and Whistling Kite
- Sunday 4 March: Skillogalee and Coriole
While you’re there, attend a free masterclass with some of South Australia’s influential women in wine, who will guide you through a tasting of their wines alongside an international variety. Limited spots are available – visit the Great Wine Capitals Discovery Space at the festival for more information and to attend the following masterclasses:
- Friday 2 March, 5.30pm: The Expected and the Unexpected of Barossa and Coonawarra, presented by Louise Rose (Yalumba) and Emma Raidis (Raidis Estate)
- Saturday 3 March, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm: Let’s get High and Mighty, presented by Kathy Drogemuller (Paracombe Wines) and Christie Schulz (Turkey Flat)
- Sunday 4 March, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm: Doctor’s Orders: Take a Sea Change, presented by Louise Mack (Aphelion Wine) and Jenny Semmler (919 Wines)
PIRSA is the major sponsor of Cellar Door Fest 2018.